Monday, March 16, 2009

Disneyfication in a Positive Way?

Disney will release Earth this month in theaters. It looks to be a re-editing of Discovery's amazing Planet Earth series into a family-friendly collection of stories that should appeal to children. I guess that means less hunting scenes, and more baby polar bear antics. I seldom find myself applauding Disney, mainly because they are one of those giant super-power corporations. In this case, I have to nod approvingly. There is a big need for nature-enthusiasm among American kids. Disney knows what kids like, and I think an increased love for our planet and all its amazing animals can only be a step in the right direction.

Here's one of my favorite clips from Planet Earth featuring a couple of New Zealand's unreal birds of paradise.

No comments: