Friday, January 16, 2009

Bye Bye Bouna!

So, Ives is saying that Bouna Coundoul is leaving the Rapids for Europe. It is sad news for Rapids fans. He has been one of my favorite Rapids the last 2 years and I am not happy to see him go. He has a great future ahead of him. It looks like Matt Pickens will be our new keeper, which I am not terribly excited about right now. I remember seeing him play for Chicago in the 07 playoffs and was not impressed, (or was that Perkins?). I'm sure I'll come around and end up liking him, but he has big gloves to fill. He has a lot to prove, especially since it looks like he is coming off a failed stint in England with Queens Park Rangers. Maybe that experience has helped him, but on paper it looks like we'll have a less-promising keeper, probably with a much higher salary (than Bouna's in 07 and 08). Prove me wrong Matt. Please.

Good luck Bouna Time. We'll miss you.

No comments: